Click to call us on 0330 999 0020
A clutch change on the BMW MINI takes about 6 hours as the front subframe has to be removed in order to access the gearbox and clutch – so our quote is 6 hours labour plus parts.
To get a quote to change your clutch and (if happy) book your car in with us please click here to begin.
The clutch engages and disengages the engine. When engaged the engine powers the driven wheels – when disengaged the engine can rev freely without the car moving. When a clutch has worn out you will be unable to engage or connect the engine to the driven wheels.
The clutch disc is simply put a ‘friction’ disc that, when active, presses against the flywheel (which is directly connected to the crankshaft) by way of the pressure plate.
- We will test the operation of the clutch.
- If necessary, we will advise if the clutch plate, cover and release bearing need replacing.
- We separate the gearbox from the engine.
- We replaces the clutch plate, cover and release bearing.
- We advise if other components like the flywheel need to be replaced.
- We rejoins engine and gearbox.
- We check clutch movement and will test drive car.
- We will make adjustments if necessary.
- Clutch slips whilst driving.
- You cannot engage or change gear.
- Car does not move at all.
- Transmission makes an unusual noise whilst engaging/disengaging the clutch.