The clutch engages and disengages the engine. When engaged the engine powers the driven wheels – when disengaged the engine can rev freely without the car moving. When a clutch has worn out you will be unable to engage or connect the engine to the driven wheels.
The clutch disc is simply put a ‘friction’ disc that, when active, presses against the flywheel (which is directly connected to the crankshaft) by way of the pressure plate.
- We will test the operation of the clutch.
- If necessary, we will advise if the clutch plate, cover and release bearing need replacing.
- We separate the gearbox from the engine.
- We replaces the clutch plate, cover and release bearing.
- We advise if other components like the flywheel need to be replaced.
- We rejoins engine and gearbox.
- We check clutch movement and will test drive car.
- We will make adjustments if necessary.
- Clutch slips whilst driving.
- You cannot engage or change gear.
- Car does not move at all.
- Transmission makes an unusual noise whilst engaging/disengaging the clutch.